From Charles Moulliard <ch0...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Status of OSGI Support
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 15:58:42 GMT
Hi Chris,

Thx for the update. I will have a look perhaps next week

Regards,

Charles

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, May 28, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Subject: Re: Status of OSGI Support
To: batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org

Hi Charles,

On 28/05/2013 05:58, Charles Moulliard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are currently working on deploying Activiti project (using batik) on
> Apache Karaf () which is a multi-technology OSGI container (CXF, Camel,
> ActiveMQ, Spring, Java, BPM, ...) and are faced to this issue :
>
> org.apache.batik.transcoder.**TranscoderException: null
> Enclosed Exception:
> Could not write PNG file because no WriteAdapter is availble
> at org.apache.batik.transcoder.**image.ImageTranscoder.**
> transcode(ImageTranscoder.**java:132)
> at org.apache.batik.transcoder.**XMLAbstractTranscoder.**transcode(**
> XMLAbstractTranscoder.java:**142)
> at org.apache.batik.transcoder.**SVGAbstractTranscoder.**transcode(**
> SVGAbstractTranscoder.java:**156)
> at org.activiti.editor.rest.**model.ModelSaveRestResource.**saveModel(**
> ModelSaveRestResource.java:78)
> at sun.reflect.**NativeMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke0(Native
> Method)[:1.6.0_45]
>

> This problem is due to to the fact (I think so) that ServiceProvider which
> is a Java EE feature does not work by default on OSGI container excepted if
> we use Aries SpiFly with Batik. As this approach was described here :
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/**xmlgraphics/OSGiSupport<http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/OSGiSupport>
>
> Can somebody provides me a status of that development ?

I'm not aware of any development in this area. I think you are only the
second person who mentioned a need for it on the mailing lists, but I could
be wrong. Of course, if you have time to develop a patch for it, your
submission would be welcomed :-)

May I suggest taking this discussion to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org**,
since this issue affects fop, batik and commons in equal measure.

Thanks,

Chris