From Clay Leeds <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: documentation!???
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 16:10:34 GMT
Hi folks,

On Feb 7, 2013, at 2:43 AM, Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I agree with Glenn's concerns. However as Pascal pointed out we were forced by the Apache
board to move to their new website infrastructure. Clay researched that and came up with the
current solution which works well for the website, but means the releases don't include documentation.

>> 2013/2/6 Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>:
>>> Can these be migrated back into their own original repositories? I don't
>>> recall a discussion of the present organization when we started the move to
>>> CMS.

Well before the Forrest=>ASF CMS migration, a discussion arose about how to deal with the
Documentation's inability to generate OFFLINE capabilities, and we resolved that the migration
needed to proceed irrespective of a solution to the inability to generate OFFLINE documentation.

> In my mind that is a shame, but I don't know what the solution is. Someone would need
to develop a way to copy the documentation for the project being built from the new location
in SVN into the release artifacts at build time. I suggest we log a Jira for that so this
isn't forgotten.

Yes… It's a definite shame.

I noticed that the 'Add local mode option to CMS' JIRA Issue might have offer some help:

It'll take some development time. I would like to look into it. I haven't played too much
with the buildbot (http://ci.apache.org/buildbot.html). Perhaps we could use `wget -m` (possibly
w/ a .wgetrc containing 'robots=off') to grab the site?

Create OFFLINE export of CMS output (PDF? HTML?) possibly using buildbot

> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Warm regards,

Clay