From The Web Maestro <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating XML Graphics Project from Apache Forrest to ASF-CMS
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 04:50:00 GMT
Just as a point of Reference, I thought I'd provide fresh documentation on
updating the Apache XML Graphics Project web site:

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/

Here's the CMS Reference Documentation page for ASF-CMS:

http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html

The mdtext files are converted to html with python
markdown<http://freewisdom.org/projects/python-markdown/>
.

The markup syntax is described in
http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax

The following extensions are enabled for the CMS:

   - headerid <http://freewisdom.org/projects/python-markdown/HeaderId>
   - tables <http://freewisdom.org/projects/python-markdown/Tables>
   - abbr <http://freewisdom.org/projects/python-markdown/Abbreviations>
   - def_list<http://freewisdom.org/projects/python-markdown/Definition_Lists>
   - toc <http://freewisdom.org/projects/python-markdown/Table_of_Contents>
   - codehilite <http://freewisdom.org/projects/python-markdown/CodeHilite>
   - footnotes <http://freewisdom.org/projects/python-markdown/Footnotes>
   - elementid<https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/cms/build/mdx_elementid.py>

The extensions are part of the 'Markdown Extra' syntax documented in
http://michelf.com/projects/php-markdown/extra/
And of course...

For complete details, please see Updating the Infrastructure web
site<http://www.apache.org/dev/infra-site.html>
 and Reference Manual <http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html>. A video
tutorial is available at http://s.apache.org/cms-tutorial.

If you just want to get started editing a page:

   - Install the bookmarklet from the cms
<https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark> page.
   You only have to do this once.
   - Navigate to the page you wish to edit (on the live site, not in the
   cms).
   - Click the bookmarklet. There will be a short pause while the CMS
   system is initialised for you.
   - Click on Edit (to skip this step hack the bookmarklet to add an
   'action=edit' param to the bookmarklet's query string)
   - The page editor should then be displayed.
   - Click Submit to save your edit to the workarea
   - Click Commit to save the updated file to SVN and trigger a staged
   build. (to skip this step click on the "Quick Commit" checkbox in the
   Edit form).
   - The results should appear shortly on the
staging<http://www.staging.apache.org/dev/cms.html> site.
   (You may have to force the page to refresh in order to see the updated
   content)
   - Once you are happy with the updated page, click on Publish Site to
   deploy.

Kind regards,

Clay Leeds
--