From Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE - la troisième partie] XGC 1.5 and FOP 1.1 Releases
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 05:39:22 GMT
It looks like there are interoperability problems with storing (or perhaps
restoring) permissions from a ZIP file. According to [1]:

Starting with Ant 1.5.2, <zip> can store Unix permissions inside the
> archive (see description of the filemode and dirmode attributes for
> <zipfileset> <http://ant.apache.org/manual/Types/zipfileset.html>).
> Unfortunately there is no portable way to store these permissions. Ant uses
> the algorithm used by Info-Zip's <http://www.info-zip.org/> implementation
> of the zip and unzip commands - these are the default versions of zip and
> unzip for many Unix and Unix-like systems.

[1] http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html

We probably should at least store the correct permissions for fop using
<zipfileset filemode="755">, but I think this fix can wait for the next
release. Most users should be savvy enough to set the permission
themselves, or use the tgz version of the image. So I don't plan to take
any action on 1.1 unless you insist.