From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: [VOTE] XGC 1.5 and FOP 1.1 Releases
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 14:02:18 GMT
I'm happy to do the changes myself if nobody objects:
1. Restore Glyphs.MAC_GLYPH_NAMES and deprecate it.
2. Restore ImageUtil.getInputStream() and deprecate it.
3. Cherry-pick the bugfix for the font auto-detection from trunk into
the 1.1 branch.

As for "necessary": it's not if you always upgrade FOP.jar alongside
XGC.jar. But that may not always be the case. It's also difficult for
people to know which JAR works with which other JAR. I keep hearing
things like: which PDF Plug-in JAR do I have to use when I have FOP 1.0?
And stuff like that. Also, XGC was intended to be usable and useful
without FOP. At any rate, the above changes restore full
backwards-compatibility of XGC 1.5 with XGC 1.0 to 1.4. And they will
avoid trouble for people using font auto-detection.

Jeremias Maerki