From The Web Maestro <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML Graphics CMS migration progress
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 14:27:58 GMT
On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 2:50 AM, Chris Bowditch
<bowditch_chris@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 17/08/2012 07:36, The Web Maestro wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>
> Hi Clay,
>
>> I've made some progress on the XML Graphics CMS migration.
>>
>> I think I've nailed down most header & sidenav issues.
>
> Many thanks for the update. It great to see you're making progress with
> this.

Thanks!

> I just took a quick look at the prototype website. The first thing I notice
> is that my browser (IE9) doesn't provide a scrollbar so I can't see more
> than the top part of the webpage. I checked in Chrome and the scrollbar
> works fine there. Do you know what could cause this in IE?

You mean I have to test this in other browsers? ;-) Yeah, I haven't
actually gotten around to that yet... I'll see what's going on
there...

> I haven't reviewed the Batik stuff as I'm not too familiar with that.
> Hopefully one of the Batik committers will give you some feedback.

My sentiments exactly...

> One other issue I found was that when the Branches heading is expanded under
> FOP all sub pages are fully expanded. The list is quite long which makes it
> difficult to find what I need, i.e. I want to got to Output Targets under
> FOP 0.95, but I have to scroll past the entire Trunk and 1.0 sections to get
> there. It would be good to have those sub sections start collapsed. But this
> isn't a must have.

I'll look into that as well...

> Overall the prototype looks a lot better than the first cut you did. Given
> the looming board enforced deadline, maybe we should just make the switch
> now and then committers can tweak the site once its live and they find
> issues. Rather than continuing with cycles of prototypes, feedback and
> adjustment.
>
> I am interested in hearing others POV on this?

That's a possibility, but IIRC, we've got a bit of time before the
board enforced. isn't it 20121231?

In any case, I'm fine with moving to it as soon as we deem the CMS
content is ready...

BTW, I'd also like to look into what it'll take to get ASF-CMS <=>
JIRA integration...