From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: XML Graphics CMS migration progress
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 09:50:54 GMT
On 17/08/2012 07:36, The Web Maestro wrote:
> Hi folks,

Hi Clay,

> I've made some progress on the XML Graphics CMS migration.
>
> I think I've nailed down most header & sidenav issues.

Many thanks for the update. It great to see you're making progress with
this.

I just took a quick look at the prototype website. The first thing I
notice is that my browser (IE9) doesn't provide a scrollbar so I can't
see more than the top part of the webpage. I checked in Chrome and the
scrollbar works fine there. Do you know what could cause this in IE?

I haven't reviewed the Batik stuff as I'm not too familiar with that.
Hopefully one of the Batik committers will give you some feedback.

One other issue I found was that when the Branches heading is expanded
under FOP all sub pages are fully expanded. The list is quite long which
makes it difficult to find what I need, i.e. I want to got to Output
Targets under FOP 0.95, but I have to scroll past the entire Trunk and
1.0 sections to get there. It would be good to have those sub sections
start collapsed. But this isn't a must have.

Overall the prototype looks a lot better than the first cut you did.
Given the looming board enforced deadline, maybe we should just make the
switch now and then committers can tweak the site once its live and they
find issues. Rather than continuing with cycles of prototypes, feedback
and adjustment.

I am interested in hearing others POV on this?

Thanks,

Chris