From The Web Maestro <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML Graphics on staging CMS progress
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 15:35:16 GMT
On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Chris Bowditch
<bowditch_chris@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Many thanks for your efforst so far. You've made some good progress. One
> thing I don't like about the current behaviour of the side bar is the fact
> that it expands the entire FOP sub project and you then have to scroll for
> ages to find the right section. Is there no way to have it function like a
> tree, only expanding those nodes which you ask to expand by clicking?

Yeah... I was thinking about that. I was pretty stoked I was able to
get this far on that functionality. I'm sure it's just a bit more
tinkering to get the desired effect.

>> I'm open to hearing constructive criticism from the crew.
>>
>> http://xmlgraphics.staging.apache.org/
>>
>> Brief list of Issues:
>> - the page design is missing something (perhaps remove the logo from
>> the top-left of page and leave it in the top of the sidenav?)
>> - get more graphics involved in the design (page graphics? batik graphics?
>> etc.)
>
> Yes, it is a requirement for sub projects to have their own logo. FOP and
> Batik both have a logo already, I suggest re-using them in the new site.

Agreed. I haven't yet figured out how to make certain things change
programmatically, based on directory structure, so at present, logos
would have to be manually added to each sub project's pages. I'm
*hoping* that's not what will be required.

>> - have a solution for non-HTML stuff (Batik demo, javadoc, etc.)
>> - fix styling of Compliance.html (perhaps using jQuery to style items
>> in table w innerHTML = 'yes'?)
>> - improve page title rendering
>
> Yes I would like it be a little larger/bolder.

Hehe... Yeah! I'm not a designer. ;-)

>> Once we are ready to actually deploy, there are other issues:
>> - sync page updates (status, faqs, etc.)
>> - determine Ideal location from which to deploy (perhaps where it is
>> in xmlgraphics/site/trunk)
>
> Also we need a page that documents the process of making website updates and
> re-deploying. Hopefully it will be a lot simpler using the CMS approach.

I can work on that. You're right! It's pretty easy!

>> NOTE: I don't think we need to spend *hours* on the Compliance table
>> issue--I think I can handle it via jQuery.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

I'm going on holiday for the weekend shortly, but will take this up
when I return.

Cheers!

Web Maestro Clay