From The Web Maestro <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML Graphics on staging CMS progress
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 23:24:16 GMT
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 6:25 AM, Chris Bowditch
<bowditch_chris@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/05/2012 13:57, Clay Leeds wrote:
>> Am I on the right track with the design?
>
> I'm not very good at website design, so I'm probably not the best person to
> ask. Hopefully some of the others will give you some feedback on general@.
>
> Did you mean for the navigator to be on the right? That surprised me at
> first, but it's not necessarily wrong. The text (titles and paragraphs) seem
> smaller than in the current website.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Yup! I stuck it on the right on purpose. I had it on the left at
first, but I got bored, so I moved it to the right. A couple of lines
of CSS can move it back, but I kind of like it on the right.

I just noticed that Apache Batik is missing it's subnav. It's actually
there, but it disappeared. I'll work on bringing that back.

Here're some of my thoughts/plans:
- move the XML Graphics logo to the top of the nav box
- Make the content have a minimum width of ~300 pixels (in case an
iPhone/Smartphone user is using it)
- put a hidden link-to-content to skip the nav
- need to add jQuery so nav block collapses everything *except* the
section you're in

Of course, we also need to sync the CMS with any recent changes, but I
should be able to make an SVN 'find' all changes since I started this
folly...

Clay