From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: XML Graphics on staging CMS progress
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 07:28:09 GMT
On 16/05/2012 05:57, The Web Maestro wrote:

Hi Clay,
> So, I need to do more testing, but I've fixed the SideNav issues I was
> having. They presently collapse globally, and then expand, showing and
> highlighting the currently active page (based on location.href).
Many thanks for your efforst so far. You've made some good progress. One
thing I don't like about the current behaviour of the side bar is the
fact that it expands the entire FOP sub project and you then have to
scroll for ages to find the right section. Is there no way to have it
function like a tree, only expanding those nodes which you ask to expand
by clicking?

> I'm open to hearing constructive criticism from the crew.
>
> http://xmlgraphics.staging.apache.org/
>
> Brief list of Issues:
> - the page design is missing something (perhaps remove the logo from
> the top-left of page and leave it in the top of the sidenav?)
> - get more graphics involved in the design (page graphics? batik graphics? etc.)
Yes, it is a requirement for sub projects to have their own logo. FOP
and Batik both have a logo already, I suggest re-using them in the new site.
> - have a solution for non-HTML stuff (Batik demo, javadoc, etc.)
> - fix styling of Compliance.html (perhaps using jQuery to style items
> in table w innerHTML = 'yes'?)
> - improve page title rendering
Yes I would like it be a little larger/bolder.

> Once we are ready to actually deploy, there are other issues:
> - sync page updates (status, faqs, etc.)
> - determine Ideal location from which to deploy (perhaps where it is
> in xmlgraphics/site/trunk)
Also we need a page that documents the process of making website updates
and re-deploying. Hopefully it will be a lot simpler using the CMS approach.

> NOTE: I don't think we need to spend *hours* on the Compliance table
> issue--I think I can handle it via jQuery.
>
> Kind regards,
Thanks,

Chris