From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: on changing fop documentation sources to markdown
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:12:19 GMT
On 18/04/2012 07:24, The Web Maestro wrote:

Hi Clay,

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 7:52 AM, Chris Bowditch
> <bowditch_chris@hotmail.com <mailto:bowditch_chris@hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         BACKGROUND:
>         We are discussing moving XML Graphics web site to ASF-CMS. You
>         can see progress here:
>
>         http://xmlgraphics.staging.apache.org/
>

>     I realize its work in progress but it appears like you used an old
>     snapshot without the "TM" marks in the content or the new logo
>     that you designed. Also the links need to include License,
>     Sponsorship, Thanks and Security as per the branding guidelines.
>     This content is now live on the main site, so I guess you just
>     started with a snapshot from a few weeks ago?
>

> I added the logo (in GIF, JPG, PNG & SVG formats... ;-)

Thanks, but I don't yet see it on the staging website. Is there a delay
before that appears?

> Sponsorship & Thanks were already there. License is on the Legal page,
> which is there, but I've added it to the sidebar as well, along with
> the Security page. ;-)

Thanks. I can now see the 4 required links.

> I also got the Compliance table working. Unfortunately, the CMS is
> stripping the 'class="ForrestTable"', so the coloring is
> White-On-White (but if you select the text, you'll see the content and
> layout is there).
>
> As for the navigation menu, I'd like it to collapse most of the links,
> except the section you're in. Anyone have a favorite jQuery menu they
> like for this? If not, I'll see about finding one...

All the "TM" logos are missing from the content and headers though. It
took me quite some time to add them to all the pages. Will you be able
to re-sync the content with the latest xdocs as it would take quite some
time to re-apply them and I want to tell the board that FOP, Commons and
XML Graphics sites are now brand compliant in the upcoming report.

Thanks,

Chris