From mehdi houshmand <med1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Include Jeremias' PDF plug-in library as a new sub project
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 14:07:28 GMT
+1 from me too, again, thanks Jeremias.

Mehdi

On 9 March 2012 13:52, Clay Leeds <the.webmaestro@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds like a plan.
>
> Here's my +1
>
> Thanks Jeremias!
>
> "My religion is simple. My religion is kindness."
> - HH The Dalai Lama of Tibet
>
> On Mar 9, 2012, at 1:47 AM, Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Fellow PMC Members and committers,
>>
>> As you are all aware, Jeremias currently hosts a PDF plug-in for loading PDFs as
images within FOP. The download for the plug-in is available on Jeremias' website. Some of
our committers including (but not limited to) Mehdi and Peter have needed to make some improvements
to the plug-in. So we did that to a local copy of the code downloaded from Jeremias' website
a couple of years ago. We sent the changes back to Jeremias, but ran into some problems since
our copy is now behind Jeremias' copy. Jeremias agreed to make the repository public at apache-extras.org.
This strikes me as a sub-optimal solution. FOP and PDFBox both live in Apache, so why can't
we have the plug-in code as a 4th sub project of XML Graphics? I suggested this to Jeremias
and he has agreed to donate the code to Apache. I therefore table a vote on this motion.