From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Include Jeremias' PDF plug-in library as a new sub project
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 09:47:32 GMT
Fellow PMC Members and committers,

As you are all aware, Jeremias currently hosts a PDF plug-in for loading
PDFs as images within FOP. The download for the plug-in is available on
Jeremias' website. Some of our committers including (but not limited to)
Mehdi and Peter have needed to make some improvements to the plug-in. So
we did that to a local copy of the code downloaded from Jeremias'
website a couple of years ago. We sent the changes back to Jeremias, but
ran into some problems since our copy is now behind Jeremias' copy.
Jeremias agreed to make the repository public at apache-extras.org. This
strikes me as a sub-optimal solution. FOP and PDFBox both live in
Apache, so why can't we have the plug-in code as a 4th sub project of
XML Graphics? I suggested this to Jeremias and he has agreed to donate
the code to Apache. I therefore table a vote on this motion.

Here's my +1.

The vote will run for 7 days until 10am 16th March.

Thanks,

Chris