From Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>
Subject Re: Checkstyle, Reloaded
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 21:41:07 GMT
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Vincent Hennebert <vhennebert@gmail.com>wrote:

>      1 FinalClassCheck
>      1 GenericWhitespaceCheck
>      1 NoWhitespaceBeforeCheck
>      2 DefaultComesLastCheck
>      4 RedundantModifierCheck
>      4 RightCurlyCheck
>      5 OneStatementPerLineCheck
>      8 RedundantImportCheck
>      8 RegexpSinglelineCheck
>     33 ConstantNameCheck
>     37 MultipleVariableDeclarationsCheck
>     47 UnusedImportsCheck
>     71 EmptyBlockCheck
>    113 NewlineAtEndOfFileCheck
>    128 NoWhitespaceAfterCheck
>    182 LineLengthCheck
>    249 ImportOrderCheck
>    321 ParenPadCheck
>    392 MethodParamPadCheck
>    806 ExplicitInitializationCheck
>   2231 WhitespaceAfterCheck

Of these, I have problems with the following rules:

MethodParamPadCheck: OK if <property name="option" value="space"/>;
otherwise, should remove check

ParenPadCheck: OK if <property name="option" value="space"/>; otherwise,
should remove check

LineLengthCheck: OK if <property name="max" value="150"/>; otherwise,
should remove check

EmptyBlockCheck: OK if <property name="option" value="text"/>; otherwise,
should remove check

MultipleVariableDeclarationsCheck: NOT OK

If the intention is to have all code follow the same rules without use of
CSOFF declarations, I need to further verify these rules with the suggested
changes on my i18n dev branch.