From Pascal Sancho <pascal.san...@takoma.fr>
Subject Re: Checkstyle, Reloaded
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 08:58:21 GMT
Hi,

rather than display capabilities, we should consider how human can
interpret a long line.
It is established that he can read and understand 10 entities (words or
signs) at a glance.
Coding usages give a useful line width about 75-85 characters.
We should add to this an average indent. Personally, I use 95 chars as
max length, and I'm happy with this, even in side-by-side display
(modern IDE have automatic horizontal scroll, so deep indent is not a
problem here).

--
Pascal