From The Web Maestro <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failure building the XML Graphics web site
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 13:55:34 GMT
Hi all,

On Aug 24, 2011, at 1:37 AM, Jeremias Maerki <dev@jeremias-maerki.ch> wrote:

> Hi Helder
>
> On 24.08.2011 10:19:22 Helder Magalhães wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>>> I've fixed a few things:
>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1160880&view=rev
>>
>> Is that:
>> +    <link3 name="" href=""/>
>> (in "skinconf.xml") required? If so, why?
>
> The DTD says so.

Yeah DTD assumes/requires link1, link2, link3...

>> I'd also suggest reworking:
>> +    Apache, Apache XML Graphics, the Apache feather logo, and the
>> Apache XML Graphics
>>     logos are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other marks
>> (again, in "skinconf.xml") to:
>> +    Apache, Apache XML Graphics, the Apache feather and the Apache XML Graphics
>>     logos are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other marks
>> Although I haven't checked if this statement is repeated among the
>> files/code (if so, it's probably best to keep coherence).
>
> Feel free to improve. You've got write access. I've only fixed the wrong
> reference to Forrest which was most likely just a copy/past oversight.
>
> Jeremias Maerki

Yup! That was copied from the Apache Forrest skinconf.xml file thanks for catching it!

As Jeremias said, running `forrest run` from FOP_HOME (or whatever repo) allows you to see
immediate errors, and also see changes immediately (on refresh). Just execute `forrest run`
and point your browser to:

http://localhost:8888/

Keep hitting refresh to see changes to xdocs files.

Clay