From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Switching to Java 1.5
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 07:18:27 GMT
Hi All,

On 21/10/2010 06:34, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

I agree its time to move to 1.5 but its too early for 1.6. As Jeremias
said what are the benefits of 1.6 over 1.5? Better performing JVM is the
key improvement. If we compile on 1.5 people can still get this benefit
by running on 1.6.

We have to support a number of cross platform environments and most are
stuck with 1.5. If we raise the bar to 1.6 then I believe we will be
turning away a lot of potential users.

Thanks,

Chris