From Vincent Hennebert <vhenneb...@gmail.com>
Subject Interest of Java 1.6 [was: Re: Switching to Java 1.5]
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 13:41:45 GMT
A big advantage of Java 1.6 over 1.5 is that the @Override annotation
also works on methods that come from an interface. That eases
refactoring a lot.

Java 1.6 also comes with a slightly improved Collections framework.

Is that enough to warrant a jump to 1.6? Probably not. Several people
have already expressed their feelings against jumping to 1.6 anyway.
Moving on to 1.5 is what counts most IMO.

Vincent