From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: converting emf to png/jpg
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 06:32:18 GMT
RTF is an older text document file format:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Text_Format

FOP can convert XSL-FO to RTF, and because RTF supports EMF as image
format, I've added a loader plug-in for EMF to be embedded. But we can't
interpret EMF at all. The RTF support of FOP won't help you if all you
need is to get an EMF as a bitmap image.

Maybe you should consider writing a C#, VB or C++ component/application
that calls Windows' EMF infrastructure to render these files as bitmaps.
It's very easy there. You'll probably even find such components on the
net already. How you integrate that in your application is a different
question if you're working with Java as your primary language. Choices:
REST, SOAP, JNI etc. etc. Anyway, I can't help you with that.

Jeremias Maerki