From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: converting emf to png/jpg
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 06:18:44 GMT
Watte,
I'm sorry that the documentation has mislead you. EMF support is
currently restricted to format detection. Only Apache FOP's RTF output
has support for embedding EMF files (and that's the only reason some
level of EMF support exists). Other than that there is currently no
support for EMF.

Apache FOP contains an image converter plug-in that can convert WMF to
graphics using Batik's WMF classes. But that's it.

On 12.10.2010 07:21:43 watte babbu wrote:
> I am trying to convert a emf file to a png or jpg file. I am
> image.loader.ImageViewer to see if an emf file could be loaded in the first
> place. Running the ImageViewer thorws a ImageException :
> *******
> org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.ImageException: Cannot load image (no
> suitable loader/converter combination available) for
> file:/c:/ravi/image8.emf (image/emf)
>     at
> org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.ImageManager.getImage(ImageManager.java:230)
>     at
> org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.ImageManager.getImage(ImageManager.java:294)
>     at image.loader.ImageViewer.display(ImageViewer.java:68)
>     at image.loader.ImageViewer.main(ImageViewer.java:133)
> **********
> The line where it throwes this exception is
> ******
>             ImageInfo info = this.imageManager.getImageInfo(uri,
> sessionContext);
>             //Load image and request Graphics2D image
>
>             g2dImage = (ImageGraphics2D)this.imageManager.getImage(info,
> ImageFlavor.BUFFERED_IMAGE, sessionContext); //throws the exception on this
> line.
> ******
> Looks like ImageMagager could not find a ImageProviderPipeline in this line
> in ImageMagager.
> ImageProviderPipeline pipeline =
> getPipelineFactory().newImageConverterPipeline(info, flavor);
>
> Is loading an EMF image supported?. The documentation says that EMF
> ImageLoader is supported out of the box. Please suggest what am I doing
> wrong.
> Thanks,
> -Watte.

Jeremias Maerki