From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Brainstorming: AFP subproject?
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 11:45:10 GMT
Re-reading you earlier comment (2010-08-25), I realize I misunderstood
you back then. I thought you suggested XGC as target for the AFP parser
when you actually proposed an additional subproject. So I'll move the
AFP parser back to FOP for the moment. It doesn't really make much sense
in XGC right now.

That said, I believe RTF is used more intensively than you think. It's
just that not much effort goes into further improving it, lately.

Splitting up FOP into multiple JARs is basically OK with me, although I
prefer having separate source trees to make the dependencies better
thought through. I've had to fix a number of not so good dependencies
between packages in the past. Batik has a single source tree and I think
it's a difficult situation to keep dependencies clear although it's
easier to set up in the IDE, of course.

Jeremias Maerki