From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Status of the new color infrastructure
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 13:00:35 GMT
OK, I see. As you can see, I feel the pretty much way but the current
ColorExt is an abomination when it comes to extending it with additional
functionality. I guess, Simon can just cut the release and I'll replace
ColorExt with ColorWithAlternatives (or so). I just think it's a shame
to release something we know has to change drastically anyway for the
next release.

On 01.07.2010 13:39:36 Peter Hancock wrote:
> > Not sure I understand what you wanted to say.
> I was trying to say that I felt that moving color utility code up to
> XGC was generally desirable and having to reverting back was a shame.
> By 'water down' I really meant reduce, which actually means the
> opposite!  Sorry :-) .
>
> On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Jeremias Maerki <dev@jeremias-maerki.ch> wrote:
> >
> > On 01.07.2010 13:03:43 Peter Hancock wrote:
> > > Hi guys,

> > > Do you intend to refactor the static ColorUtil.toCMYKGrayColor method
> > > to a member of GrayScaleConverter?
> >
> > I planned to move the toCMYKGrayColor method back to FOP's ColorUtil
> > until things are resolved.
> >
> > > I think this move makes sense for this release but it is a shame to
> > > water down the color package in XGC.
> >
> > Not sure I understand what you wanted to say.
> >
> > > Pete
> > <snip/>
> >

> > Jeremias Maerki

Jeremias Maerki