From Simon Pepping <spepp...@leverkruid.eu>
Subject Re: build problems with java 1.4
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 13:43:00 GMT
I have been able to circumvent the reported problem by using ant
1.7. A new problem appeared: With jdk14 forrest fails to generate
changes.html, changes.rss and changes.pdf. It may be that the plugin
input.projectInfo does not work well with jdk14.

I used the following workaround:
jdk14: ant distclean
jdk6:  ant docs
jdk14: dist-src
jdk14: dist-bin, which runs the docs target again
jdk14: maven-artifacts

This uses the trick that forrest is run each time, but does not clean
out its target directory.

In order that you can check for yourself that this trick produces a
correct build, I have uploaded the build artifacts to
http://people.apache.org/~spepping/. I added my signature to the KEYS
file in the branch only after this build, so you can only find it in
subversion, or in the fop KEYS file.

I will now proceed to merge recent trunk change sets into the branch,
tag and build the final artifacts.

Simon

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 12:03:05PM +0200, Simon Pepping wrote:
> I believe the branch has all required changes for the release. I built
> the dist successfully with java 1.6. When I try to build the target
> compile-copy-resources, I get errors:
>
> /fsc/source/xmlgraphics-commons-branch-1_4/build.xml:196: Failed to copy /fsc/source/xmlgraphics-commons-branch-1_4/src/resources/META-INF/services/org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.spi.ImageLoaderFactory
to /fsc/source/xmlgraphics-commons-branch-1_4/build/classes/META-INF/services/org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.spi.ImageLoaderFactory
due to Invalid argument

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu