From Simon Pepping <spepp...@leverkruid.eu>
Subject build problems with java 1.4
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 10:03:05 GMT
I believe the branch has all required changes for the release. I built
the dist successfully with java 1.6. When I try to build the target
compile-copy-resources, I get errors:

/fsc/source/xmlgraphics-commons-branch-1_4/build.xml:196: Failed to copy /fsc/source/xmlgraphics-commons-branch-1_4/src/resources/META-INF/services/org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.spi.ImageLoaderFactory
to /fsc/source/xmlgraphics-commons-branch-1_4/build/classes/META-INF/services/org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.spi.ImageLoaderFactory
due to Invalid argument

I am setting JAVA_HOME to the top directory of a Sun SDK containing
java 1.4.2 on a Debian GNU/Linux system:

>$JAVA_HOME/bin/java -version
java version "1.4.2_11"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_11-b06)

I have no idea how this problem is caused. How can a simple copy
command fail? The interactions between ant and java are a mystery to
me.

Simon

--
Simon Pepping