From Max Berger <...@berger.name>
Subject Re: color profiles in PNG and brighter images in PDF
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 08:43:49 GMT
Dear Georg,

I think I'll find the time to take a look at your problem.

Please:
Report a bug at:
  https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi
Product: XMLGraphicsCommons

And
- attach both a PNG (which does not work) and the matching JPG (which
works). Make sure both actually include the color profile.
- Create a minimal .fo which which includes both pictures. This way by
viewing the PDF the difference should be clearly visible.

This should allow me to reproduce the problem and hopefully find the bug.

Max

Georg Datterl schrieb:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I still have a problem when inserting PNG files into a PDF using fop. My PNG file has
a color profile "Dot Gain 15%". The PDF contains the same png file, but the color profile
is suddenly "KODAK Grayscale Conversion - Gamma 1.0".

> New information: Converting the PNG file to JPG with ImageMagick (convert imgTest.png
imgTest.jpg) and including the JPG file, the color profile is retained.

> So it's not like fop doesn't know how to handle Dot Gain 15% but the PNG handling part,
which is AFAIK managed on this list, seems to replace the color profile. If anybody here knows
why this happens, why this could happen, where this could happen or why that makes sense,
please contact me.