From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com>
Subject How do I render multiple sub-images from a single image?
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 04:01:15 GMT
Hi all.

I am considering using XML Graphics Commons as the image rendering
abstraction for our application - we'll be rendering both raster and
vector formats to raster and vector destinations, so it seems like a
reasonable fit.  I'm not interested in using the flavour conversion
side of things yet, but that might come further down the track if it
happens to be convenient.

In any case, the first thing to do is confirm that it has all the
functionality we are using from ImageIO, and presently I'm wondering
how I'm supposed to handle image formats which contain multiple images
(GIF, TIFF, and whatever other formats might come along.)

I can see that if ImageInfo#getCustomObjects() has a HAS_MORE_IMAGES
which either has an Integer or Boolean.TRUE value, then there are more
images.  However I can't for the life of me figure out how to render
these.  I even found SubImageNotFoundException which would appear to
be related to enumerating these, but the Javadocs report no usages of
this class.

Am I missing something, or is this not yet supported?

Daniel