From Jean-François El Fouly <jean-franc...@elfouly.fr>
Subject Re: color profiles in PNG and brighter images in PDF
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:03:32 GMT
AFAIK, color profile management is not supported by the current
version of FOP.
Does your PNG contain transparent parts ?
We had about the same problem, with cockpit screenshots appearing
"dull" while the original PNG obviously had brighter colors.
It is an extremely complex topic, I spent weeks trying to find a
solution to such problems and at the end, on a suggestion by Jeremias
Maerki, we simply removed the transparent parts and that solved our
problem (but maybe it does not solve yours).
I believe there is only one color profile in the PDFs generated by
FOP, and IIRC the corresponding FO tags as specified by the standard
are ignored.