From "Georg Datterl" <georg.datt...@geneon.de>
Subject color profiles in PNG and brighter images in PDF
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 13:50:31 GMT
Hi everybody,

I have a problem when inserting PNG files into a PDF using fop. My PNG file has a color profile
"Dot Gain 15%". The PDF contains the same png file, but the color profile is suddenly "KODAK
Grayscale Conversion - Gamma 1.0". And, as is clearly visible, the image in the PDF file ist
brighter than the PNG. Can anybody on this list enlighten me on why the color profile is changing
or how I can prevent it?

The PNG file and PDF file are attached, if you want to recreate the PDF, here's the fo code:

	<fo:layout-master-set>
		<fo:simple-page-master page-height="1cm" page-width="1cm" master-name="main">
			<fo:region-body/>
		</fo:simple-page-master>
	</fo:layout-master-set>
	<fo:page-sequence master-reference="main">
		<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
			<fo:block>
				<fo:external-graphic content-width="1cm" content-height="1cm" src="imgTest.png"/>
			</fo:block>
		</fo:flow>
	</fo:page-sequence>
</fo:root>