From The Web Maestro <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharing Common Content Between Websites [was: Re: svn commit: r773846 - /xmlgraphics/commons/trunk/src/documentation/skinconf.xml]
Date Sun, 24 May 2009 21:47:56 GMT
A couple of additional notes:

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 1:05 PM, The Web Maestro
<the.webmaestro@gmail.com> wrote:
> Other options:
> - include it as RSS (requiring regeneration), and include a
> JavaScript/AJAX to replace it (e.g., via .innerHTML) if it's updated

By the above, I mean that we could include the RSS (which would
require regeneration for updated HTML to be rendered) *and* we could
include JavaScript/Ajax to replace the content with updated
information (which would *not* require regeneration to keep the info
current). Info on including JavaScript (& CSS) in a Forrest site is
available here:

http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/faq.html#javascript

> - <ack!>iframe it</ack!>

The following FAQ indicates how to include HTML in standard HTML
format (as opposed to Forrest's xdoc format):
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/faq.html#rawHTML

Regards,

The Web Maestro
--