From The Web Maestro <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharing Common Content Between Websites [was: Re: svn commit: r773846 - /xmlgraphics/commons/trunk/src/documentation/skinconf.xml]
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 20:05:06 GMT
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Simon Pepping <spepping@leverkruid.eu> wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 12:31:06PM +0100, Vincent Hennebert wrote:
>> The Web Maestro wrote:
>> > Since Forrest can interact with RSS, it should be possible to create
>> > an element that grabs the image. Someone would still have to maintain
>> > the RSS, which would probably be best if it were a task managed by the
>> > ApacheCon folks...
>
> Each website would still have to be regenerated after each new RSS
> message. Or do I miss the idea?

D'oh! I forgot about that. I don't see that as too big a deal, as all
it would take is someone noticing it's old, and then re-generating the
site(s)...

Other options:
- include it as RSS (requiring regeneration), and include a
JavaScript/AJAX to replace it (e.g., via .innerHTML) if it's updated
- <ack!>iframe it</ack!>

Regards,

The Web Maestro
--