From Cadé Philippe <Philippe.C...@swiss-as.com>
Subject support for ImageReader.addIIOReadWarningListener()
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 13:14:41 GMT
Hi all,

I hope this is the right place for this, if not please advise.

Here some context information: using xmlgraphics 1.3.1 via FOP to transform XML to PDF, my
XSLT uses external-graphics that reference CGM files. CGM files are read using an ImageIO
plugin.

We are currently not supporting all CGM commands and are generating warning messages while
parsing the image, I'd like to have access to those messages. Now the ImageReader class provides
the possibility to add a IIOReadWarningListener that would be perfect for this.

Question is now: what is the best way to add support for this? I am thinking that adding a
addIIOReadWarningListener() method to ImageManager would work, FOP could then have this listener
log the messages to the existing log file (cf. ExternalGraphics.bind()). Or would it be better
to encapsulate the IIOReadWarningListener into another interface? Or use another access point
than ImageManager?

What do you guys think?

Thanks for your help
Philippe