From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Mailing List Moderation
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:41:44 GMT
On Feb 25, 2009, at 12:15, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Houston, we have a problem (I think). Posts don't get moderated within
> reasonable time lately when I'm not around. The Batik side is pretty
> much OK but not general@ and the FOP side. When I was away for a
> week in
> January, a number of posts piled up. And the two posts I've just
> moderated through were in the queue for almost 24 hours. Yes, that's
> probably not much (and I might have high expectations here) but since
> it's not the first time it makes me a bit concerned. Therefore, can I
> ask for one or two additional moderators? And would the existing
> moderators please ask themselves if they still have time to do this?
> It's no shame to say that you don't have enough time to still be a
> moderator. Circumstances change. I'm just trying to make sure that
> moderation works even if I'm not constantly monitoring my mail
> account.

Like Chris, I'd gladly volunteer to moderate.
If I recall correctly, I've once mentioned this in the past, but at
that time it was not a pressing need, since we already had enough of
them (in theory).

Chris mentioned he does not check the lists during weekends, which I
could cover, so...

Just let us know,

Regards

Andreas