From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Mailing List Moderation
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 19:26:21 GMT
Thanks, Chris & Andreas. I don't think that weekends are crucial. But at
least during the working days we should get the moderation requests
through within 24 hours. I'll send a request to add you both in a minute.
I hope you guys have a good spam filter so you don't have to look
through the crap that comes in (don't worry, it's not that much).

On 25.02.2009 14:10:51 Chris Bowditch wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
> Hi Jeremias,
>
> I'm happy to volunteer for this as I check the lists a few times a day.
> However I don't check at weekends, so maybe not quite good enough?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>
> > Houston, we have a problem (I think). Posts don't get moderated within
> > reasonable time lately when I'm not around. The Batik side is pretty
> > much OK but not general@ and the FOP side. When I was away for a week in
> > January, a number of posts piled up. And the two posts I've just
> > moderated through were in the queue for almost 24 hours. Yes, that's
> > probably not much (and I might have high expectations here) but since
> > it's not the first time it makes me a bit concerned. Therefore, can I
> > ask for one or two additional moderators? And would the existing
> > moderators please ask themselves if they still have time to do this?
> > It's no shame to say that you don't have enough time to still be a
> > moderator. Circumstances change. I'm just trying to make sure that
> > moderation works even if I'm not constantly monitoring my mail account.
> >
> > Thanks a lot,
> > Jeremias Maerki

Jeremias Maerki