From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: XMP indentation
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:57:58 GMT
Dario,

please don't include fop-dev for general issues with the XMP part of XML
Graphics Commons. general@xmlgraphics.apache.org is enough for this case.

To your question: No, it's not really necessary to indent the XMP packet.
I just like being able to easily read the XMP package in the generated
PDF files. But of course, we can add an option to disable indentation.

You can also try to work directly with Metadata.toSAX(ContentHandler).
That bypasses the Transformer created inside XMLSerializer.
XMPSerializer is only really needed if you want to create an XMP packet.

Or is Joost the default TransformerFactory in your case? Do you just
normally use FOP to create PDF and Joost gets in the way because it's
the default TransformerFactory? Does Joost throw an
IllegalArgumentException because it doesn't support the OutputKeys.INDENT
key? In that case we could simply wrap that line in a try..except and
skip indentation if it's not supported.

BTW, I get a 404 error when I click on the links at:
http://joost.sourceforge.net/#examples

On 23.02.2009 10:09:06 Laera Dario wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I need to use Fop integrated with joost, an STX transformer, instead of
> xalan or saxon for critical performance reason but Joost doesn't support
> indentation which is required by the XMP package
> (org/apache/xmlgraphics/xmp/XMPSerializer.java row 84). Is it really
> necessary to have the XMP file indented? Can you make indentation
> optional?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dario

Jeremias Maerki