From Manuel Mall ...@arcus.com.au>
Subject RE: PDF over SSL, images not avaliable.
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 11:46:33 GMT
Does the HTTPS server fop needs to talk to retrieve the image require
authentication, i.e. a client certificate. If it does you need to configure
key and certificate stores and make them available to your Java JRE. And
does it present a valid certificate, i.e. a valid certificate signed by a CA
configured in your Java JRE CA store? If not things may get tricky.

Remember fop does not go through a normal browser to retrieve the image but
through the http/s stack that comes with the Java JRE.

Write a simple test program in Java to retrieve the image and see if that
works (new URL("...").openStream()). Of course run it on the same computer
that fop runs. If it does work then come back here (actually fop-user is the
more appropriate list). If it doesn't you need to figure out why not. See my
questions above. Just a simple 'google' search for something like 'java ssl
debug' should return plenty of useful sites with help how to get to the
bottom of your problem.

Manuel