From Jean-François El Fouly <jean-franc...@elfouly.fr>
Subject Re: Using PNGEncoder and PNGDecoder
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 13:38:21 GMT
Jeremias Maerki a écrit :
> Right, that's the downside of Image I/O. But then, the XML-based approach
> to metadata is also very powerful.

I'm not sure I understand. Am I missing something ?
The images I (pre) process will be used by FOP somewhere downstream.
And, as far as I understand, FOP uses the PHYS metadata for its layout.
That's why I have been through considerable effort to give these
metadata sensible values.
> Another option that would give you a lot of control but possibly with a
> simpler API is Apache Sanselan (incubating).
> http://incubator.apache.org/sanselan

Interesting, did'nt know of this project.
But the project I work on uses and embeds FOP and its dependencies, so I
guess it makes sense to use xmlgraphics-commons whenever possible.