From Jean-François El Fouly <jean-franc...@elfouly.fr>
Subject Re: Using PNGEncoder and PNGDecoder
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 13:10:05 GMT
Jeremias Maerki a écrit :
> I'd recommend you use Image I/O instead. The codecs here are nice for
> certain use cases but there are too few people around here to help
> maintain and support the code. With Image I/O you have a much bigger
> pool of people that can help you if you run into problems. And Image I/O
> is also already available to your application if you're using Java 1.4
> or later.

Thanks !
The previous version used ImageIO indeed. But I never figured how to
handle PNG metadata with ImageIO -- though I spent a few days at it
earlier this year, and got out with the feeling that ImageIO and JAI are
among the most cryptic and ill-documented parts of the Java Platform.
And at this point I need precise control, what I need is really
PNG-specific and rather tricky BTW.

Never mind, it works well now; though I'm not 100% sure of what I
changed to make it work.
I'll use it in another place where I have shortly used another open
source PNG encoder that is probably getting old by now.
But let me say thank you once more.

Jean-Francois El Fouly