From Ricuzzo <ricu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PDF over SSL, images not avaliable.
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 21:03:00 GMT

Hi to all, thank you for your responses.

As i mentioned before, there is no problem in getting via https the image
through java in the server outside
the xsl-fo document, so yes, i have verified that i get the image form a
servlet in my weblogic server under https.
So i think Manuel is right, pdf documents cannot simply validate
certificates like browsers do, i ´ve seen some other forums in wich the same
problem exists with pdf´s created with cold fusion (i think not sure), and
their solution, wich makes sense with what Manuel said, was based in getting
the images needed with a relative path, so there is not an https call to get
the images (that is a absolute path), that prevents us from throwing https
requests from a pdf document, that just cannot validate my certicate.

Well...the fact is that i have static images, but also i need dinamycally
generated images from a servlet, so to get some of the images,  i need to
call the servelt that generates them inside the pdf, that is , using Https
(=absolute path). I have to check about autentification under pdfs, so thank
you for that link !!!!