From Adrian Cumiskey <adrian.cumis...@gmail.com>
Subject Temporary File Storage
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 16:42:43 GMT
Hi all,

I have written a set of general purpose temporary file storage classes that are used by the
AFP
Renderer in FOP on the Temp_AFPGOCAResources branch I am working on.  I use them to temporarily

store and retrieve image files and AFP data structures to disk in a memory conservative fashion.

I have abstracted away all AFP specific functions into subclasses and am now thinking that
these
base classes would prove quite useful for some other temporary storage needs and was wondering
where
they might best reside.

I think it should probably best go in commons-io, but it is maybe a little high level for
there and
would impose an additional dependency on FOP I'd also maybe need to request some karma to
commit
them to the project.  I'm also thinking it would seem a little wrong for them to go in
xmlgraphics-commons as the work has nothing to do with images/fonts or output formats.

Maybe I should just place them in FOP for now?  I would be interested to hear your suggestions
on
where you think they should live.

Adrian.