From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: test-structures.xmp
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 19:42:08 GMT
Thanks for spotting that, Simon. I obviously didn't look closely enough
at the example in the XMP spec. Fixed now.

On 11.08.2008 20:34:35 Simon Pepping wrote:
> This is not proper RDF:
>
> <test:project> <!-- shorthand form for structure -->
>   <test:name>Apache XML Graphics</test:name>
>   <test:url>http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/</test:url>
> </test:project>
>
> The RDF validator at W3C complains as follows:
>
> Error: {E202} Expecting XML start or end element(s). String data "Apache XML Graphics"
not allowed. Maybe there should be an rdf:parseType='Literal' for embedding mixed XML content
in RDF. Maybe a striping error.[Line = 38, Column = 39]
> Error: {E201} Multiple children of property element[Line = 39, Column = 19]
> Error: {E202} Expecting XML start or end element(s). String data "http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/"
not allowed. Maybe there should be an rdf:parseType='Literal' for embedding mixed XML content
in RDF. Maybe a striping error.[Line = 39, Column = 49]

> You cannot just omit a resource node (i.e. an object/subject such as
> rdf:Description); that creates a striping error. You must indicate
> your omission by the parseType attribute. In this case you create an
> anonymous resource whose name and url properties are listed. See
> http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-Syntax-parsetype-resource.
>
> The W3C validator accepts the following as valid RDF:
>
> <test:project rdf:parseType='Resource'> <!-- shorthand form for structure -->
>   <test:name>Apache XML Graphics</test:name>
>   <test:url>http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/</test:url>
> </test:project>
>
> Simon
>
> --