From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release FOP 0.95
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 09:03:34 GMT
On 01.08.2008 11:41:15 Max Berger wrote:
> Jeremias,
>
> first of all, thank you for your hard work in this.

The release itself wasn't so much hard work as it was boring and error-prone.
The real problem: Each time you start up your Ubuntu (used to build the
release) in the VM it wants to update itself, reboot itself. If it
doesn't boot anymore afterwards, you have to figure out how to boot with
the previous kernel first. And there so many people say Linux is so much
better than Windoze. Well, maybe it had something to do with
compatibility to VirtualBox, but I'm not quite ready to go dual-boot
just yet.

> Jeremias Maerki schrieb:
> > 58593e6c86be17d7dc03c829630fd152 *fop-0.95-src.tar.gz
> > c3625c66e368e3a6ae52e1d8607e6c92 *fop-0.95-bin.zip
>
> Tested the .zip artifact, and compared the tgz with the zip, both are
> identical and work as expected.
> +1
>
> I do have one issue with it though (I think this was present in all
> previous releases, so it may be a bug in the release procedure): The ZIP
> file does not contain the right permissions for the execution script
> (fop). The tgz has these permissions.

AFAIK, ZIP doesn't support the execution flag. Not sure that this can be
fixed at all. Or am I wrong?

> > Thanks,
> > Jeremias Maerki
>

> Max