From Max Berger <...@berger.name>
Subject Re: Branching for Releases
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 12:29:49 GMT
Vincent,

On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 11:55 +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Vincent,
>
> I'm really not open for this discussion. Technically, it could be done
> as you propose. Historically and following best practices, what we do is
> state of the art in Subversion. See also:
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.branchmerge.commonuses.html#svn.branchmerge.commonuses.patterns
>
> In a nutshell: Work is done on trunk and branches, a "tag" is NEVER
> modified once it is created. A "tag" is used as an easy pointer to the
> revision that was used to create a release.
>
> The drawback you're mentioning is exactly the reason why I don't want to
> change our patterns. But this is a democracy. Let's see....

As I am a big fan of standard practices I'd prefer the practice
described in the svn book (apparently the current practice), so -1 to
changing the process.

mfG

Max Berger
e-mail: max@berger.name

--
OpenPG ID: E81592BC   Print: F489F8759D4132923EC4 BC7E072AB73AE81592BC
For information about me and my work please see http://max.berger.name