From Christian Geisert <christian.geis...@isu-gmbh.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Batik 1.7 (second try)
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2008 23:18:09 GMT
Cameron McCormack schrieb:
> OK, let’s have another go.  This is a vote for the Batik 1.7 release.
> The code is tagged here:
>
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/batik/tags/batik-1_7
>
> The files to be voted on can be found here:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~cam/b17/

I checked the MD5s and the signatures, did a build with java 1.3 and 1.5
and used Squiggle and the rasterizer with a few examples.

Running Squiggle from batik-1.7-jre13.zip with Java 1.3 leads to:
java/awt/event/MouseWheelListener
         at
org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.JSVGViewerFrame.<init>(JSVGViewerFrame.java:546)
         at org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.Main.<init>(Main.java:436)
         at org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.Main.main(Main.java:163)

but it works with my build with java 1.3 - a look at the Manifest
indicates that it was built with Java 1.4 ...

Not sure if thats a showstopper :-|

A minor issue: the build.sh script doesn't have the executable bit set -
I guess it would need a .tgz distribution for that.

Christian