From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Batik 1.7 (second try)
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2008 23:24:05 GMT
Christian Geisert:
> I checked the MD5s and the signatures, did a build with java 1.3 and 1.5
> and used Squiggle and the rasterizer with a few examples.
>
> Running Squiggle from batik-1.7-jre13.zip with Java 1.3 leads to:
> java/awt/event/MouseWheelListener
>         at
> org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.JSVGViewerFrame.<init>(JSVGViewerFrame.java:546)
>         at org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.Main.<init>(Main.java:436)
>         at org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.Main.main(Main.java:163)
>
> but it works with my build with java 1.3 - a look at the Manifest
> indicates that it was built with Java 1.4 ...
>
> Not sure if thats a showstopper :-|

Hmm, unfortunately, I think it is.  I thought I was careful to build it
with 1.3.  Back to the drawing board I guess! :/  (Thanks for picking
it up though…)

I’ll rebuild the batik-1.7-jre1.3.zip, leave the other zip files, and
restart the vote.

> A minor issue: the build.sh script doesn't have the executable bit set -
> I guess it would need a .tgz distribution for that.

Yeah, don’t think it’s possible for zip files to include that.  The last
couple of releases haven’t had tgz files; is it worth creating them too?

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/