From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: FOP's new image package in Commons?
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:43:03 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Another important point to consider here:
> The image package currently makes extensive use of Apache Commons
> Logging like the rest of FOP.

I'm somewhat uncomfortable with libraries using logging
to get info to the user of the program using the library
(this does not apply to tracing/debugging).
However, given the potential complexity of the possible
interactions, and the resulting design difficulties,
logging might serve as a sort of stopgap measure until
some other "best practices" emerge.

Recounting all the issues caused by using logging, and
the possible alternatives is some work and requires a new
thread, and I'm too tired to start one now.

J.Pietschmann