From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: FOP's new image package in Commons?
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:35:15 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Most of you may know that I'm working on a new image loading package for
> FOP.
[snip]

Good work BTW. I'm quite impressed.

> A month ago, I told Tonny Kohar of Kiyut about the new package, after
> I've seen their Ekspos Image Viewer [3]. He showed quite some interest
> and now asked me if I could provide the package as a separate library
> (i.e. without FOP balast). I've already decoupled the package from FOP
> as far as possible. Only some nits are left.

I'm all for re-use of code solving common problems. Moving the image
certainly a good idea. I hope the font related code can be shared
with Batik also.

As a side note: digging around sf.net and various other code
repositories turned up more than one hundred (!!!) attempts
at an image loading and processing library in Java. Most of
them are abandoned, but there are some thriving projects. I haven't
evaluated them in detail, but it might be worth doing this, and
possibly seek cooperation.

J.Pietschmann