From "Mishkin, Ernest" <ernest_mish...@mcgraw-hill.com>
Subject RE: Moving JEuclid into Apache XMLGraphics as incubator
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:20:20 GMT
> Can I please also get some statement from Erik and/or Ernest
> about what they think about the idea? It's just that I cannot
> remember any discussion about Incubation at the ASF on the
> JEuclid mailing lists and I'd like to know how much they
> support this action. Max only said "my wish". Thanks.
>
> Jeremias Maerki

Max, Erik and I held the appropriate discussion on jeuclid-devel list
and in private.
We are in agreement that we would like to see Jeuclid being part of
Apache family.
I'm particularly interested in seeing Jeuclid recognized [in mathml
community] more than it currently is.
Being a part of xmlgraphics will likely turn more users and developers
alike to the project, may result in more synergies/integrations, etc.

I've had only a preliminary CLA conversation with my employer. Is it the
time for me to being a more formal process or should that come after
voting?

--Ernest