From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] Preparing a user poll for JDK 1.3 compatibility
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 13:57:46 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> I said earlier that I want a user poll and a vote before changing the
> minimal JDK version to support for FOP (and Batik). Now that I have more
> time for XML Graphics again, I should probably follow up on that. I
> would like to set up one of those online surveys to get some feedback
> from the users prior to the vote. I'm thinking about putting up the
> following questions:

<snip/>

> Any other questions you want answered? Any objection to taking Batik and
> Commons into the same questionaire and make the "Java 1.4 question" a
> project vote rather than a subproject vote?

Looks good Jeremias: +1 from me.

I wouldn't want to add any extra questions though. If the questionnaire
is too long, people wont bother to fill it in. I think its about as long
as it can be without scaring people away.

As well as posting up the pool on fop-users, it might be an idea to have
a large link to the poll just above the download link to encourage as
much feedback as possible.

Chris