From "J.Pietschmann" <piet...@databaar.ch>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] Preparing a user poll for JDK 1.3 compatibility
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 21:37:04 GMT
Chris Bowditch wrote:
> Now if FOP's main audience wasn't a batch processing environment then I
> feel there would be a strong case to jump to 1.5, but because it is
> mostly used in batch processing and because most large organisations
> have a lot of older mainframes and unix systems that cannot be easily
> upgraded to run Java 1.5 then FOP would lose a large % of its users by
> doing the switch.

It depends. From my experience, these old platforms are near of even
way beyond their end of life too, and are not used for new or upgraded
software. New developments and significant upgrades tend to get more
recent underpinnings, at most three years old, depending on the company
infrastructure upgrade cycle.

Regards
J.