From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject [VOTE] Dropping Java 1.3 support for Apache XML Graphics (lazy vote)
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:49:13 GMT
Considering that we've already talked this to the ground, I would only
like to wrap this up with a vote for record keeping. I propose this to
be a lazy vote as it seems we have a major consensus here, i.e. there's
a 72 hour period for anyone who hasn't spoken up, yet, to place a -1 (veto,
explanation mandatory as always in such a case). If there are no vetoes,
the following project decisions applying to the whole of the Apache XML
Graphics Project become effective:

* Support for Java 1.3 for the Trunk of all our subprojects is dropped.
Java 1.4 becomes the new minimal Java level.
* New releases from the main development branch (usually Trunk) will be
made without support for Java 1.3. Java 1.4 becomes the new minimal Java level.
* When Sun ends the end-of-life process for Java 1.4 next year we will
restart the discussion about dropping support for Java 1.4 and instead
going for Java 1.5.

Thanks,
Jeremias Maerki